On Tuesday, June 6, the Portland Metro Chamber (formerly Portland Business Alliance) and the City Club of Portland co-hosted the Metro’s annual 2023 State of the Region Address, with Metro Council President, Lynn Peterson.
Council President Peterson reported on the work being done at Metro, the regional governing entity for the Portland metropolitan area, serving more than 1.7 million people in Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties. Specific areas of focus included:
- Contruction of low-cost housing and supportive-services housing across the region
- How Metro is providing oversight and accountability around “Supportive Housing Services” funding
- Updates on key infrastructure projects, including a potential new I-5 bridge
- Land use policies and the region’s urban growth boundary
- The future development of the Portland Expo Center
- Economic development and environmental sustainability